This list of Notable Del Mar residents is gleaned from Wikipedia – if you know any others add them there!
My lips are, as ever, sealed as to who my clients are and what they buy.
- Desi Arnaz maintained a residence in North Del Mar on the beach west of US 101 near the Del Mar Racetrack after his Divorce of Lucille Ball. Was arrested once for brandishing a firearm and ordering people off of his beach area. Resided there into the late 1960s.
- Burt Bacharach, songwriter, had a beach residence in south Del Mar.
- Drew Brees, quarterback of the New Orleans Saints.
- Jimmy Durante lived on the beach for many years and even has a street named after him.
- Rachael Flatt, 2010 Olympian, 2010 US Champion, 3 time US Silver medalist and 2008 World Junior Champion figure skater, born in Del Mar
- Tony Hawk, skateboarder and business entrepreneur, was raised in Del Mar.
- Nate Kaeding, San Diego Chargers placekicker.
- Carson Palmer, quarterback of the Oakland Raiders.
- Aaron Rodgers, quarterback for the Green Bay Packers
- Steve Perry, former lead singer of the rock band Journey, lives in Del Mar.
- Zandra Rhodes, celebrity fashion designer, splits her time between homes in Del Mar and London.
- Anthony Robbins, self-help writer and professional speaker, previously lived in “The Castle” in Del Mar
- Lee Shippey, newspaper columnist
- Willie Shoemaker, jockey, lived in North Del Mar on beach west of US 101 near Del Mar Racetrack.
- Norv Turner, head coach of the San Diego Chargers.